Sunday, January 9, 2011

Denver January 2011

I love to travel! I wish I could go more often but I enjoy each and every trip (big or small) that I take. This past weekend I had an opportunity to go to Denver for a few days visiting friends. Daughter Ashley used to live there so I have traveled there often. Usually I don't work while I'm away but this time I had so much to catch up on I actually took my laptop and put three events online (while on vacation). Is that dedication or what?

When I travel on short trips I usually only take my little point and shoot. I shoot with a Lumix DMC-ZS3. I'm a huge fan of that little camera and it takes high-def movies as well. One evening we were all having dinner in a quirky part of downtown. If you're ever in Denver you have to eat at Rioja. Absolutely the most amazing pan roasted chicken ever! There were lights strung through the trees and across the street and it was really pretty. I've never played with all the little settings on my camera (thinking, of course, that I'm way too cool for them) but I remembered a setting on the camera called "Night Scenery" so I thought I would give it a try. The end result was great! I love the photos taken that night.

So....take a few minutes from time to time and play with the settings on your camera. Use them all, just to see what they will do. It could turn out to be great fun and you will probably get some images you didn't expect to get. And as far as the ones that don't turn out, there is another great setting that I use all the time....it's called "Trash".

No comments:

Post a Comment